Friday, June 17, 2016

Republication: A Pre-OPC GA Defense

[A blog I wrote for Torrey Gazette.]

The 83rd OPC General Assembly (GA) is underway as I write this. The doctrine of republication was the focal point of one of the reports given at this year’s GA, and many people are looking to this report to bring some peace in the Reformed world. Whether or not it will settle things down, history will determine. As one who hold to the doctrine of republication, the committee’s report is of real interest to me. Joshua asked me to write on the report, and then suggested a pre-GA piece and post-GA piece. I’m not sure when I will get ahold of the report to read myself, but I am looking forward to reading it. For what follows in this piece, however, I am going to lay out how I understand the debate, and what exactly I believe. [Read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment