Friday, June 10, 2016

Book Review: The Bounds of Love (Part 1)

[Part 1 of a review I wrote for Torrey Gazette.]

The Bounds of Love is Joel McDurmon’s newest book where he aims to write an introductory-level treatment of theonomy and to “address a few simple but serious needs” (p. ix). McDurmon seeks to offer a popular level defense of theonomy while offering some productive movement forward with stale discussions of theonomy that are found scattered around the reformed world. When I received the book I was anxious to read an introduction to theonomy from a leader in the movement’s resurgence for the simple reason that listening to people defend their position, and treating it in a way they find fairly represents them, is a necessary first step I find lacking in many internet discussions. You only treat ideas fairly when you listen to the people who hold them. Toward that goal, I found McDurmon’s book to be helpful. [Read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment